.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 27, 2006

 
"DEADBEAT" DAD NO MORE

Dennis Fassuliotis sent the following:

I may be the first person in Charleston County to ever succeed in having a local Family Court judge execute an Order to have the criminal record created as a result of being wrongfully charged with civil contempt and consequently incarcerated. The Order to expunge my record came after a grueling three and a half year court battle which did not end in the Supreme Court of South Carolina. Instead when I went back to the Family Court in Charleston County and asked the Family Court judge who made the mistake and was subsequently overturned by the Supreme Court, I was told I had already had all the remedies available to me under the law and she could not expungement my criminal record.

That story is a matter of record and first reported by Herb Frazier of the Post & Courier in two installments. Mr. Frazier's story ends when he personally attended the hearing where the Honorable Judge F. P. Segars-Andrews denied my request for Expungement of the criminal record created by her mistake when she wrongfully held me in contempt of a Family Court Order on September 18, 2002.

Finally, after nearly four years of hearings, I received an Order of Expungement that was sent by the Family Court to the Charleston County Sheriff's office. But it does not stop there. I believe I still have a criminal record in the State Law Enforcemet Division (SLED) database, the FBI database and who knows where else.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?