.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 07, 2009

 
SOUTH CAROLINA DSS NONCUSTODIAL PARENT'S APPLICATION FOR CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES

Click here to access the South Carolina Noncustodial Parent's Application for Child Support Services. We are not sure that this service is of much help to anyone because, even if DSS determines that a noncustodial parent is entitled to a child support reduction, the noncustodial parent will not be provided with an attorney to make the application for that reduction. In the meantime, DSS's lawyers will enforce the Order of Support on behalf of the custodial parent.

So you noncustodial parents--Good luck in either going up against DSS unrepresented by counsel or in explaining to the Court how you have money to pay a lawyer, but no money to pay your child support.

Times are tough and going to get tougher for many noncustodial parents. As Timmy Mallard, son of long-time Family Court Judge Bobby Mallard said, "For so many people, careers in real estate are no longer a viable way to provide for one's family." We may soon see the jails filled with men who used to be in the real estate, construction, and automobile businesses.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, I plan to use this form and see if I can get a reduction. My real estate business has tanked, my constructino business is shifting from my own projects to third party work. If I don't get some relief I will get ruled in and probably spend a night or two. The only problem is what happens when I have to get an attorney. I cannot believe a judge is going to have much sympathy if I have to pay an atorney his fee to get a couple of hundred dollars a month relief. Of course my ex will probably get an attorney through DSS for nothing.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?