.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

 
NO RESPONSE FROM DSS: LETTER TO THE EDITOR OF THE POST AND COURIER


The following letter appeared in the Post and Courier.


____________________________________________________


On June 10 at 1:29 p.m. I placed a call to the local Charleston Child support agency to reach a case worker whom I have attempted to reach 21 times since March with no success. Two years ago I paid the fee to receive assistance in obtaining child support for my grandchildren. On March 3, a Cincinnati court passed a judgment against the non-custodial parent and awarded support.

Details had to come from the Charleston office. So I made multiple attempts to reach them. Last week I sent a letter to them after receiving a request for paperwork that had been filled out five times. I returned it with a letter informing them I had received no information from the March 3 hearing. I received that information via mail one week later. To date I have yet to receive the payments. I challenge anyone to try to reach someone at this agency. Just call 953-9400 and follow the prompts. Good luck.

Connie Scott
Claussen House Drive
Edisto Island
http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jun/29/letters-to-the-editor/












































Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?